How to Choose a Cleaning Service for Your Business
Maintaining a clean and sanitary office environment is essential to the success of your business. Most companies will hire a professional cleaning service to take care of this rather than hiring a full-time janitor. A cleaning service will usually come in after hours, cleaning all areas of your office. You'll probably find several office cleaning companies in your city, so you'll have to choose the one that's right for you. Though you may be looking to save money, the company with the lowest cost isn't always the best deal.
1. Get price quotes from the companies in your area. The companies will have to visit your officeto estimate the work. When you get this quote, ask for a list of services that they provide. Most will provide mopping, vacuuming, cleaning, and sanitizing of the bathroom and dusting. Some may provide carpet cleaning a few times a year, but it may or may not be included in the quoted price.
2. Ask to see proof of insurance. You want a cleaning company that has its insurance so that you can be sure that you will not be liable should a cleaner become hurt while cleaning.
3. Read through the contract. Most companies will want you to sign a contract, locking you into their service for a given amount of time. However, you need recourse if you aren't happy with the service that the company is providing. For example, you may want to look for a company that has a trial period or one that goes on a month-to-month contract rather than a yearly contract.
4. Consider the experience of the company. Some companies will have years of experience behind them, which means that you can be sure that they've developed a system for cleaning and are comfortable handling any cleaning issues involved. All other things being equal, choose the company with more experience.
5. Get references from the company. A quality company will be able to provide you with references from its clients. Contact these references and ask how happy they are with the cleaning services that the company provides.
5 Great Reasons For Green Cleaning
Evidence shows that green cleaning products and techniques offer numerous benefits and advantages to the environment and our quality of life. Here are five simple reasons why you should use green cleaning products:
Going Green is Healthier for you.. Studies have shown that using a household cleaning spray, for as little as once a week, raises the risk of developing asthma. The Mayo Clinic Web site (mayoclinic.com) lists 16 professions at risk for occupational asthma.
Better Air Quality.. The EPA has said that problems related to poor air quality lead to increases in illness, fatigue and respiratory problems. Many green cleaning products — including store bought and ones you can make at home include pleasant natural essential oils and all natural cleaning products that pose very little harm to the air.
Reduced Employee Sicknesses.. Companies that invest in greener cleaning products are making better choices to help reduce the number of sick days their employees might take.
Safer Products.. Green cleaners are normally not corrosive and are subject to strict standards under the FDA. Greener cleaning products can also reduce chemical and fire exposure risks too.
No need for antibacterial anymore.. The American Medical Association(AMA) says that the frequent use of antibacterial ingredients can promote bacterial resistance to antibiotics. I’ve even heard of doctors warning against antibacterial soaps due to damage to the thyroid gland later on in life. Many green and environmentally friendly cleaning products are free of these antibacterial agents.
You can improve human health and the environment by using greener products and services!